Unit Theme: Innocence and Experience
Weeks 8-9 Focus: Drama
My Week 8-9 Rundown
The following texts will serve as the basis for this week’s discussion:
- Intro to the Innocence and Experience section, LHE 77-78.
- (Drama) Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller, LHE 204-80.
- (Film) Death of a Salesman (1984), featuring Dustin Hoffman, Kate Reid, and John Malkovich.. (Embedded below.)
- Review the items added to the class’s supplemental texts spreadsheet.
- Record two entries in your Reading Notebook.
- Search the internet for an online resource that supplements one of the texts from this week’s reading (see my list of supplemental texts for examples of what you might find). Once you’ve found your resource, paste a link in this shared Google spreadsheet. Be sure to fill in all the information asked for in the sheet.
- By Tuesday (10/21): Using #amreading, write a brief “thus-far” summary of the book you’re reading for your book review (i.e., give us the quick lowdown on what’s happening). Be sure to include the book name in the tweet. Also post two comments about this week’s reading/watching. By Sunday (10/26): Reply to three of your peers’ tweets, responding to the quotation or the reading comments. You can find your classmates on Twitter via the list on the flipside of this link.
- Initial post by noon Thursday (10/23), three peer responses by Sunday (10/26): Participate in the Experiencing Death of a Salesman G+ Discussion.
- By Sunday (10/26): Complete the Analyzing Death of a Salesman activity.
- Complete the Week 8-9 Reflection.
- Complete the Week 8-9 Terms to Know Quiz (Extra Credit).
- Submit your Midterm Composition.
*Unless otherwise noted, assignments are due by midnight of the date posted.